Monday, July 7, 2008

- Temple Mania -


I AM SO DANG EXCITED FOR THE
TEMPLE THAT I THINK MY HEART IS GOING TO EXPLODE!!!!!


Here’s the series of fortunate events that caused this happy excitement:


I passed my interviews with my bishop and stake president…which I was SOOOOOOOOOOOO nervous about!!!! I was not so nervous about the interviews themselves, but more about the huge decision to make some serious covenants. I was so nervous that I started doubting my decision to go through the temple period. Then I decided it was that “motard” Satan who was trying to stop me and that going through the temple was something that Heavenly Father would want me to do. I was still a tad nervous until the stake president signed my recommend. Then all I could do was grin my bummy off!!! He even commented on how happy I was. Then I knew I had made the right decision and have been so happy since! I’m actually probably starting to annoy everyone cuz I can’t stop talking about it…even to the ladies at work!


On Saturday, I bought all my temple clothes. I love my cute little temple dress, but I’m worried that once I put it on in the temple I’ll start skipping around and start singing “the pioneer children sang as they walked and walked and walked.” Seriously! I feel like a cute little pioneer woman or something with it on. Sidenote: I walked over to my Aunt Pammy’s (my second mom) house to show her. She’s the one with the liver cancer and the giant hemotoma. Anyway, I put it on to show her and she started crying. Apparently she is so proud of me and feels so bad that she can’t come. That’s when I broke out into the pioneer children song and dance routine. I hate to see her cry but then it hurt when I made her laugh…so I guess it’s sort of a lose/lose for her, huh? No worries…I’ll make it up to her somehow.


Then this weekend, I passed out all my invites/announcements. My sister made them for me. They’re pretty dang awesome! I was just joking that she needed to put Amanda Diane on them, so of course she did! But I still love them anyway. I want to invite practically every single person I know to come!!!! Unfortunately, some of my extended family members don’t hold a current recommend…I’m gonna work on them. I gave them invites anyway hoping to spark a little somethin’ somethin’ to get them motivated to do what’s right.


Today on my lunch break, my mom, my sister, and I went to buy my garmies!! I was such a nerd there. All I could do was grin and tell the lady, “I don’t know!” I’m pretty much went with what my sister likes…and some other one that was #2 on my poll results. But I did tell the lady I was worried about having a granny bum….cuz the waist on them is so dang high! I don’t want the waistband to be all the way up to my arm pits. Then I felt a tad embarrassed because I’m sure she’s a grandma…but she totally understood what I meant and agreed that the granny bum is not a good thing. So we’ll see how it all goes….I’m sure I’ll adjust to the granny bum if it happens. After all, I won’t have too much of a choice, right?


Holy cow!!! My face is getting tired….I just CANNOT stop grinning!!! I’m so excited!!!

No comments: